Pour des instructions étape par étape sur la façon d’utiliser AngusNOW, cliquez ICI pour le français.
Welcome to AngusNow – Your CAA Live Registration System
AngusNOW provides you with the tools to register animal`s, enter calving data, enter weights, transfer animals and much more from the comfort of your home! With AngusNOW you can receive registration numbers and transfer ownership instantly – no more waiting for your information to be processed.
For a printable version of these instructions please click HERE.
GETTING SET UP
1. Please contact CAA to sign up for this service at email@example.com or 1-888-571-3580. You will be unable to access AngusNOW until the office has set it up for you.
a. NOTE: you must have a valid email address for this service, your membership fees must be up to date and you must not have an overdue account, in order to be set up for this programote: you must have a valid email address for this service.
b. Once your account is set up by the office you will receive an email inviting you to create an account and password. The email will have these details.
This email is part of the process to set you up as a user in the new AngusNOW system. AngusNOW is the web application you may use to access your registry data for Canadian Angus Association.
You will be granted access in
Member: MEMBER NAME Member ID: MEMBER ID NUMBER
Please click this link within the next 30 days to set up your account in the new system and to confirm access to the above user (it should take less than a minute). New users will need to create a password and confirm a few details before your account is activated and ready to use.
Note: Your username in the new system will be this email address we have contacted you on.
For security reasons the link above expires in 30 days. After 30 days you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org to activate your account. If you have any questions, or if your activation link has expired, please contact us via email: email@example.com.
***Please bookmark the website or put into a folder for easy access in the future.
c. When creating your account your username will be your email address, and you will need to create a password that includes one capital letter, a number, and a special character (! & * $)
d. When logging in ensure that your Pop-up Blocker is turned off. If it is on, when you click “HERE” from our website the login page will not open for you. You will know your Pop-up Blocker is on because you will see a small red X in the right hand side of your browser (where you see the website’s URL). If you see this, right click and turn off the pop-up blocker and allow access to our site.
2. If you already have an account, click HERE to login. If you forgot your password, click on the blue “Forgotten Password” button on the login screen. This will send you a link to reset your password. When you reset your password remember that your password must include one capital letter, a number, and a special character (! & * $).
3. PLEASE NOTE: If you have an OVERDUE outstanding balance on your account, you will not be able to log in to AngusNOW. Phone us at 403-571-3580 to provide a credit card or send an e-transfer to Alan Yuen at firstname.lastname@example.org to clear up your outstanding balance. Once we have received and processed your payment you will be able to access AngusNOW.
4. Once you are logged in you will see the landing page (below)
5. From the landing page you can navigate to:
– Actions (this is a good time to populate your lists so all animals and buyers are available for your transactions)
– To do this select one of the lists
- Male List
- Female List
- Buyers/Sellers List
- Hit the Clear & Repopulate Button OR the Repopulate button – this will update the selected lists to ensure your animals listed are accurate and will prepopulate your Buyers/Sellers list from the last three years.
- Member Details
a. Under the “Animals” tab you can view:
- Inventory Overview – Use this tab to dispose and register animals, and add weights
- Pending Animals – Use this tab to view animals that are waiting to be registered
- Registered Animals – View your registered animals
- Non-Registered Animals – View your unregistered animals
INVENTORY OVERVIEW – register calves, add weights, dispose animals
1.Under your Inventory Overview you can view your herd inventory, number of progeny, and select data by year
2. Click on “Cow Inventory” to view your herd inventory for that year and calving season. When working in your inventory to register animals, submit weights, dispose of animals, etc. do not click on the “Ident” number when selecting a row. The ID number is a blue colour because it is a hyperlink. If you click on this, it will take you to another page with the overview of the animal. You want to click on the name, tattoo, etc. of the animal you want to select. You will know you have completed this as the animal’s row is now a light blue/gray shaded area. Clicking on the box itself will also not get you anywhere.
3. After clicking on “Cow Inventory” you will be able to see all the cows for that calving season, and be able to update your calving information. (see below)
4. Using the search bar is a fast and efficient way of locating animals in your animal lists. The search bar is located beneath the Incomplete and Complete tabs. If you type in your search criteria any animal that has that specific criterion in their ID number, tattoo, or name will appear. For example, if you type in “78” animal 12345678, CAA 12A Miss Cow 278C, and XXX 78C would appear in your list.
5. REGISTERING AN ANIMAL
6. Click on the cow you would like to register so that it is highlighted BLUE/GREY. You can also type in the registration number or tattoo in the box (not name) to find an animal.
a. Then click on “register calf” located on the bottom left-hand side.
b. Once you have done this a page allowing you to register the calf will appear (see below).
c. Enter the appropriate information for the calf that you are registering
7. Now that you have registered your calves, proceed to Pending Transactions (located under the Transactions Tab) to pay for, and complete the process of registration.
8. Choose YES for ET if the animal was born from Embryo Transplant mating. Option to record recipient dam and nurse cow are also available.
9. Red Carrier field is no longer available. If it comes up with a warning you can submit and the office staff will fix.
10. When recording a twin ensure you select multiple birth, not single in the number in birth field.
11. If your bull list is missing bulls you normally register calves from, go to the Action tab and select your Male List, click on Clear and Re-Populate List and that will update your list to include any bulls you have used in the last three years. You can also type in the registration number or tattoo in the box (not name) to find an animal.
12. If you have a cow that was exposed to more than one bull you have the option to choose DNA request (either Parentage Verification (PV) or Angus GS. Enter in the alternate sires you would like to test against. The test will automatically be set up and you will be charged and sent the paperwork upon closing the work order. You can also choose to do a PV or AngusGS test without alternate sires if you want to just verify parentage on the calf for your own information.
Currently members can only setup parentage verification (PV) or AngusGS (GS) test at time of recording your animals. If you require a PV, AngusGS, or a genetic condition test for any animal AFTER it is recorded, please contact Member Services at email@example.com or 1-888-571-3580 to setup this testing.
If you submit your samples to the lab without the appropriate paperwork to accompany the samples, this will result in a delay in processing your tests. The lab must receive the electronic request for those animals BEFORE the DNA arrives at the lab. If DNA is sent in without a request extra fees will apply.
13. Once you have entered all the relevant information for the calf, click COMPLETE REGISTRATION. You will see a message indicating the success of the registration. You will see a GREEN BAR at the top indicating everything is good and the animal will either have a registration number (seven digit) or commercial number (CM number).
If you see a RED BAR at the top, it means that there are errors or warnings on the animal. You will need to fix these errors and warnings before you can complete the recording of the animal. If you are not able to fix these errors and warnings at this time, click the “Submit as pending” red button. This will push the animal through as a pending animal and it will be assigned a pending ID number (? Followed by six digits). If you don’t hit the “Submit as pending” button at this time the information on this calf will not be submitted and will be lost if you move to another screen.
Most errors on animals in AngusNOW are fixable. Go into your pending transactions or pending animals and click on an animal. The error message will show up in colour at the top of the screen. If you can change some information, click Edit Animal and make the necessary corrections. If you cannot fix your error, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the necessary information and we will be happy to help.
PLEASE NOTE: If you want to review your information before registration you can leave the register now blank and the animal will get a pending registration number. You can then see all your pending calves and edit and register once double checked.
14. Once you are done registering your calves you can click on the “Complete” tab in Cow Inventory to view the updated status of your animals
15. Always remember AngusNOW is live. When you select “Register Now” the animal is instantly registered and your account is charged immediately.
16. Once you have registered your calves, proceed to Pending Transactions (located under the Transactions tab) to pay for, and complete the process of registration
- The Pending Animals tab tells you what animals are not registered
- Any animal with a ? followed by six digits is NOT REGISTERED
- To register a pending animal, you must click on the animal and update the required information
- While in your “Inventory Overview” click on the weight (BW,WW,YW) that you would like to enter
- A new screen will appear that have information about the calves born in that season – in this case, because we have selected Weaning Weight (WW) for Spring 2018 the appropriate information will appear
- Ensure that you are in the “incomplete” tab
- Select the animal that you want to enter information for (in this case we have selected the top one which is why it is blue)
- Enter the information you wish to provide (weight, desexing date, disposal code, weeks creep fed, group)
- When entering weight information and/or a fate/disposal code, a date must be provided. If no date is provided, you cannot enter the corresponding information until one is entered.
- The “Group” is the management group your calves were in between birth and weaning. For example, cows run in two separate herds over the summer would have Groups of 1 and 2. Must enter this value.
- Click “Update”. The information for that animal is now complete.
9. AFTER YOU HAVE SUBMITTED WEIGHTS REMEMBER TO RUN YOUR REPORTS. If you don’t run your reports, you will not get your Birth Reports, Weaning Reports, or Yearling Reports, or your updated EPDs. If you do not receive the reports after submitting the request but you receive a Herd Inventory or Weaning/Yearling Weight Worksheet with “Missing Data” on the side this means you are missing data at that particular level. You must submit information for the animals indicated before you are considered compliant and are able to obtain your reports.
RUN A REPORT
- Click on “Reports”
2. Select the type of report or job you would like to run (See below)
THE ITEMS TO SELECT AFTER ENTERING EACH WEIGHT ARE BELOW.
Selected Report or Job: Performance Report
Calving Year: the year you want reports for (e.g. 2019)
Calving Season: Spring, Summer, or Fall (select the appropriate one. If you have Spring & Fall calves, do once for the Spring and then another time for the Fall).
– Birth Avgs. Summary
– Weaning Worksheets
– Calf EPDs
– Weaning Report
– Weaning Avgs. Summary
– Yearling Worksheets
– Scanning Worksheet
– Calf EPD Reports
– Sire EPD Reports
– Dam EPD Reports
– Yearling Report
– Yearling Avgs Summary
– Life Avgs Summary
– Calf EPD Reports
– Sire EPD Reports
– Dam EPD Reports
TRANSFER AN ANIMAL
1. Go to Actions Tab
a. Under the “Actions” tab you can view:
- Registered Animal
- Animal Transfers
- Male List
- Female List
b. Go to ANIMAL TRANSFERS
c. To transfer an animal, click on the “Animal Transfers” tab. The below screen will appear.
d. Once you have found the individual you want to transfer your animals to, click on their name, then click “Select Highlighted When transferring animals”
If you can’t find a member in the system please contact Member Services at email@example.com and we will give you the member ID number or we will set up for you if they are not in the system.
This program DOES NOT currently offer the option for non-financial transfers to family members. Please continue to send non-financial transfer requests to the office for processing.
e. After selecting the person you want to transfer to, the screen will change to the below.
f. Now that you have the buyer selected that you want to transfer to, click on the “Animals” tab
g. Choose the animal(s) that you want to transfer by clicking the square check box
h. Once you have checked all the animals you want to transfer, press “Select Animals”
i. If your animals have been sold as “Serviced” (meaning they are sold as bred animal) you will need to enter Service details (see below). If they are not serviced, you can select “Complete Transfer”
j. Once you have entered Service Details, click “Save” and then click “Complete Transfer”
Currently this feature is not available in Angus Now. We will be offering this function in the fall of 2020.
PENDING TRANSACTIONS – Make a payment
1.In order to pay for your now – completed registrations, transfers or weights, you must pay for them
2. Go to the “Transactions” tab and click on “Pending Transactions”
3. Once you click here, a page will appear with the work you have completed, and the costs (see below)
4. Click on “Pay Now”
5. You will now be asked for your credit card information. Enter your information and press “Pay”. If you would like that card to be used for future transactions, click “Save this Credit Card Information for the future”
Please note: Each time you make payment you will still need to enter your CVV code even if your card is saved in Angus Now. When a credit card is saved in AngusNow because of security reasons it does transfer over to the office database for making payments. If you want an updated credit card on your account at the office you must call the office with this information.
6. You will receive a message indicating that payment was successful
1. If you don’t close your work orders you will not receive the work you have completed (e.g. DNA paperwork and certificates).
2. Always close your work orders by the 29th of each month. If a work order is left open then the office must force close and take payment on the last day of the month in order to do month end processing.
3. Invoices are sent to your email address when the work order is completed and closed however cannot currently be reprinted after the initial work order has been closed. To get copies of missing invoices contact registry firstname.lastname@example.org.