Purebred and Commercial Programs — Canadian Angus Indicator Program
The Canadian Angus Indicator Program identifies Angus and Angus cross cattle.
At TEAM we consistently see Angus and Angus influence cattle sell at the top of the market. The Angus tagged cattle in particular always fetch a premium. – Jason Danard, TEAM – The Electronic Auction Market
- Tagged animals are in high demand by Canadian Angus beef programs; sell direct or through one of the 169 Canadian Angus Feeder Sales across Canada (for a printable copy of the Feeder Sales, click here)
- Canadian Angus indicators visually and electronically identify Angus and Angus cross cattle. It’s our guarantee that the animal bearing the indicator has a minimum of 50% Angus genetics.
- Free third party age verification—we will take care of the paperwork for you
- Angus indicator numbers can be cross-referenced to registration papers and are an alternative form of animal identification
- CCIA compliant tag—no other indicator is required for national identification
- Cattle must have at least one registered Angus parent.
- Registration papers/semen receipt/lease of parent must be in the indicator buyer’s name.
- Also accepted as proof of eligibility are: signed affidavit from community pasture identifying the bull(s) used, embryo transfer slip, signed affidavit identifying bull in a family co-owned herd, and a signed affidavit from the original breeder identifying the registered Angus bull in the case of bred females being sold.
To order the Temple Tag ComfortEar® Angus RFID indicator, please contact Canadian Cattle Identification Agency at www.canadaid.ca or call 1-877-909-2333.
Third Party User Application Form
The CAA is recognized as a third-party provider with all major industry databases. In order for us to upload your herd information to these databases and/or complete Age Verification, we do need your written permission. Please fill out the CCIA Third Party User Application Form and return it to the Canadian Angus Association by fax, email or mail. Click HERE to access the form from the CCIA website.
The Canadian Angus indicator program is evolving. The Canadian Angus Association is pleased to introduce AngusConnect. AngusConnect will connect Angus buyers with sellers through the Canadian Angus indicator program. This new program is voluntary and free for producers.
How it works:
• Producer must qualify for and use the Canadian Angus RFID indicator
• Producer will submit sire(s) information to the Canadian Angus Association
• Each producer will receive a group score that he/she can use to market their cattle
The Canadian Angus Association will proactively send a list of participants to feedlots and buyers weekly for their purchasing programs.
AngusConnect helps take the guess work out of cattle buying. Buyers will be connected to the sellers they want and sellers will be connected to the buyers they need.
More details will be released as the program develops further.
Don’t wait. Purchase your Canadian Angus RFID indicators today and ask about joining AngusConnect.
Ordering your Canadian Angus tags has never been so easy:
Please order directly from CCIA:
Online at www.canadaid.ca or call 1-877-909-2333
CCIA carries both the Datamars brand Temple Tag ComfortEar Canadian Angus RFID indicator as well as the Allflex brand Canadian Angus RFID indicator.
For all your other supplemental tagging needs, please refer to your local supplier.
ATQ Canadian Angus Indicators – Available for Quebec residents
Starting May 28, 2018, it is possible to order a set of 10 Canadian Angus RFID indicator. Administrative fees apply for orders with distinctive attributes. https://www.atq.qc.ca/en/forms
Eligibility to ANGUS Tags
You must provide at least one (1) registration number or an Angus/Limousin bull tattoo in order to be allowed to order annually a maximum of 60 Angus indicators or 1 set of Limousin tags. You must also indicate the ATQ indicator number corresponding to the animal. Your association reserves the right to verify the genealogy source of any animal with an Angus or Limousin indicator.
À partir le 28 mai 2018, il est possible de commander un jeu de 10 identifiants Angus en respectant l’admissibilité.
Les nouvelles listes de prix sont maintenant sur le site Web, en français et en anglais : https://www.atq.qc.ca/fr/formulaires
De plus, la section admissibilité aux boucles ANGUS a été mise à jour :
Admissibilité aux boucles ANGUS
Vous devez fournir un numéro d’enregistrement ou de tatouage de taureau Angus ou Limousin pour avoir le droit de commander, annuellement, un maximum de 60 boucles Angus ou 1 jeu de boucles Limousin. Vous devez aussi fournir le numéro d’identifiant ATQ correspondant à l’animal. Votre association se réserve le droit de vérifier le lien de parenté de tout animal qui porte un identifiant Angus.
Attention Cattle Producers:
If an animal is sold as registered or identified as a purebred, then the animal MUST be transferred to the buyer within six months of the date of sale.
Purebred bulls need to be transferred to commercial buyers.