Purebred and Commercial Programs — Canadian Angus Tag Program
The Canadian Angus Tag Program identifies Angus and Angus cross cattle.
At TEAM we consistently see Angus and Angus influence cattle sell at the top of the market. The Angus tagged cattle in particular always fetch a premium. – Jason Danard, TEAM – The Electronic Auction Market
- Tagged animals are in high demand by Canadian Angus beef programs; sell direct or through one of the 169 Canadian Angus Feeder Sales across Canada (for a printable copy of the Feeder Sales, click here)
- Canadian Angus tags visually and electronically identify Angus and Angus cross cattle. It’s our guarantee that the animal bearing the tag has a minimum of 50% Angus genetics.
- Free third party age verification—we will take care of the paperwork for you
- Angus tag numbers can be cross-referenced to registration papers and are an alternative form of animal identification
- CCIA compliant tag—no other tag is required for national identification
- The use of Angus RFID tags (Canadian Angus Tags) allows you to also purchase Angus dangle tags or the new Angus A-Tags
- Cattle must have at least one registered Angus parent.
- Registration papers/semen receipt/lease of parent must be in the tag buyer’s name.
- Also accepted as proof of eligibility are: signed affidavit from community pasture identifying the bull(s) used, embryo transfer slip, signed affidavit identifying bull in a family co-owned herd, and a signed affidavit from the original breeder identifying the registered Angus bull in the case of bred females being sold.
Attention Cattle Producers:
If an animal is sold as registered or identified as a purebred, then the animal MUST be transferred to the buyer within six months of the date of sale.
Purebred bulls need to be transferred to commercial buyers.
Canadian Angus Green Tag Program
Senior Director of Business Development (BC/AB)
Director of Business Development (SK/MB)